I love this dish, it represents what we do best in the restaurants, no nonsense flavoursome food served as it should be. The crunchy lemon & herb crumbs give the meaty Seabass a fantastic texture. We serve this dish with a warm potato, smoked pancetta & caesar dressing salad however it will work well with almost any style of garnish. The trick is to keep the flavours mild to let the Bass be the main event!
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 2x Cleaned Seabass Fillets
- 1 Cup of Fresh Breadcrumbs
- Juice & Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 Tb Sp Finely Chopped Rosemary
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed & Chopped Finely
- 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Pepper To Season
- Pour the olive oil over the bass fillets (skin side up) on a tray, rub over the garlic, herbs, lemon zest & juice . Finally sprinkle generously with breacrumbs & allow to marinate in the refridgerator for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Preheat an oven or grill to 200 degrees, place bass on a warm tray skin side up, season lightly & bake under a hot grill (being careful not to burn) for 3-4 mins until cooked or bake in the oven for 10-12 mins.