Ingredients: (Serves 2)
200grams Arborio Rice
2 Shallots, Diced
2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed & Chopped Finely
1 Stick Celery, Diced Finely
1 Glass Dry White Wine
500mls Fish Stock
200grams Queen Scallops, Roe Removed
2 Tb Sp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
2 Tb Sp Torn Basil
50grams Unsalted Butter
1 Tea Sp Diced Red Chilli, De-Seeded
2 Tb Sp Olive Oil
Sea Salt & Grd White Pepper to Season
- Heat a wide based pot over a medium heat with the olive oil, once warm add the chopped shallot, garlic & celery & cook for 8-10mins until softened.
- Add arborio rice & cook for a further 2-3 mins until the rice begins to become white, add white wine & cook until fully absorbed.
- Continue to cook the rice adding the fish stock a cup at a time until absorbed, the rice should take around 15-20 mins until cooked, you may need a little more/less fish stock to finish.
- Once rice is cooked season generously with salt & grd white pepper, hold the risotto while cooking the scallops.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over a high heat with a little olive oil, once hot add the scallops & cook until beginning to colour, at this stage remove pan from the heat, add the chilli then butter & allow the butter to foam and turn a golden brown, at this stage add the lemon juice & basil leaves to the risotto, cook it a further 30 seconds and finish with a knob of butter to cream the rice.
- Plate up the rice & spoon over the scallops & butter, garnish with a few fresh rocket leaves & enjoy!