Linguine ”Cacio E Pepe” is the absolute best way to enjoy freshly made Pasta. This simplistic way of enjoying pasta will always come top of my list, it is the ultimate cooks late night snack, i often add a little truffle oil to give it a luxurious twist. The beauty of this is all Pasta shapes & sizes work fine with this recipe, a personal favourite of mine is Conchiglie. I love how the little cups fill with all the peppery olive oil & nutty Pecorino!
Ingredients; (Serves 2)
1 serving of fresh or dried Pasta
1 serving freshly grated Pecorino (a big one is fine)
2 Tb Sp good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Freshly grd black pepper
Salt to taste
Knob of butter (Optional, but i like it)
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a fierce boil (do not add olive oil like some recipes will tell you).
- Add the pasta and stir gently to be sure the Pasta does not stick together.
- Boil for approx 2 mins (if using freshly made Pasta) or 6-7 mins for dried.
- Drain and toss immediately with the olive oil & butter if using.
- Mix half the Pecorino & season generously with black pepper & salt to taste.
- Plate up and sprinkle over the remaining Pecorino.