An utterly luxurious dish which will impress for any dining experience. This dish was extremely popular on our Summer 2015 menu at Coppi. Fresh Seafood becomes the star of the show with sweet, indulgent butter to compliment the meaty Hake.
Ingredients; (Serves 2)
2x 6oz fillets of Hake, de-scaled & pin boned
100g fresh prawn tails
10 fresh mussels, cleaned
100g scallops, roe removed
50g samphire, cut roughly
2 cloves finely chopped garlic
half glass dry white wine
2 tb sp picked basil leaf
1 tb sp lemon juice
60g unsalted butter
sea salt & black pepper to season
2 tb sp rapeseed oil
- Preheat oven to 180C, in the meantime heat a non stick frying pan & wide based pot over a medium heat.
- Add 1 tb sp of oil to the frying pan, season fish generously and place skin side down in the pan.
- Cook the fish until the skin becomes a light golden colour around the edge then place in the oven uncovered for 8 minutes.
- In the meantime add 1 tb sp of oil to the pot, add mussels, samphire, garlic & white wine & cover immediately whilst turning the heat up to maximum.
- Allow to cook for 2 minutes until the mussels begin to open, at this stage drop in the prawns, scallops & butter and allow to cook for a further 2 minutes gently.
- Remove from the heat once prawns are fully cooked, add basil & lemon juice.
- Remove the fish from the oven, turn over on to the flesh side, add 1 tb sp of butter & baste until golden brown.
- Finish dish by adjusting seasoning in the sauce, place in a wide based bowl & arrange the fish fillets on top.