There is something very pleasing about a filled pasta, especially when paired with a luxurious sauce to compliment the filling. Our pasta chefs at The Pastificio make all the fresh Pasta for Coppi, Il Pirata and Bartali daily. The result is the freshest Pasta available to Belfast & surrounding areas, it has got to be tasted to really appreciate the time & effort required to make the delicious filled pasta & not forgetting the shapes such as Tagliatelle, Pappardelle, Penne & Conchiglie to name a few!
Below is an easy to follow recipe which is perfect with our Smoked Chicken Tortellini which is available to purchase from Portview Trade Centre on lower Newtownards road daily.
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
2 Servings Smoked Chicken Tortellini
2 Tablespoon Dried Porcini Mushroom
3 Tablespoon Roughly Chopped Chestnut Mushroom
1 Shallot Diced
1 Clove Garlic, diced
150mls Dry White Wine
100mls Chicken Stock
100mls Single Cream
2 Tablespoon Grated Parmesan
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Salt & Freshly Grd Black Pepper To Taste
Asparagus or Broccoli To Serve (Optional)
- Boil 500mls of water, place dried porcini in a heat proof bowl & pour over the hot water, stir once & allow to stand for 15 minutes until the mushrooms have softened.
- Remove the mushrooms from the water, pat dry & chop roughly.
- Heat a wide based sauce pan until hot, add the olive oil, shallot, garlic, thyme & allow to cook over a medium heat until the shallot has softened but not coloured, immediately add the chestnut mushrooms & cook until they begin to colour.
- Add the porcini mushroom, white wine & reduce to thick syrup before adding the chicken stock.
- Allow the chicken stock to cook until it has reduced by 75% then add the cream & allow to cook over a gentle heat until just coating the back of a spoon.
- Drop the Tortellini into the boiling water & allow to cook for 2-2.5 mins until floating & ‘al dente’ to touch.
- Drain the pasta, toss through the sauce, add the butter & finish by tossing gently until the pasta has coated with the sauce, at this stage sprinkle in half the parmesan & pour immediately into a warm bowl.
- Finish the dish by sprinkling over the remaining parmesan and if you want ultimate luxury then you may want to dribble over a little truffle oil!