I really love the mix of texture, sweetness, acidity, hot & sour all in this delicious salad. If lamb is not your thing this recipe will work greatly with Beef, King Prawns or even Monkfish Medallions. This is by all means not an authentic Thai recipe, but more of my take on a healthy plate of food!
Ingredients; (Serves 2)
- 2x5oz lamb leg steaks
- 2 baby gem lettuce, cut into wedges & cleaned
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 medium red chilli, sliced thinly at an angle
- 1 medium carrot, peeled & shaved finely
- 60g fresh pineapple, sliced into thin sticks
- 50g coriander, (stem removed and kept for dressing)
- 25g toasted cashew nuts
- 2 tb sp light soy sauce (to marinate the lamb)
- 6 medium radish, sliced thinly
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, core removed & sliced very thinly
To Marinate the Lamb;
- Rub with the finely chopped garlic & pour over the 2 tb sp soy sauce, this should be done 3 hours prior to eating ideally.
For the Soy, Coriander & Lime Dressing (mix the following ingredients in a small bowl).
- 1 banana shallot, diced finely
- Finely chopped reserved stems of coriander
- Zest & juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tb sp mirin
- 2 tb sp fish sauce
- 2 tb sp light soy sauce
- 2 tb sp rice vinegar
- 1 tb sp light sesame oil
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tb sp of rapeseed oil until hot, add the lamb & cook until nicely coloured on both sides & fat has rendered (2-3 mins each side).
- Remove from the heat & allow to rest, in the meantime add half the dressing to the salad ingredients & toss to season evenly.
- Lay over a plate being sure it is not piled too high (this will make the salad heavy).
- Slice the lamb into thick slices and place over the salad, finish with the desired amount of dressing.