Perfect homely cooking with big flavour, minimal effort & rewarding results. I just love the rich hearty flavours of this dish paired alongside fluffy light pillows of potato gnocchi.
This is undoubtedly a dish to set down in the middle of the table for all the family to enjoy, give it a try and i guarantee you will be making it time & time again!
What you will need……
350g fresh or dried potato gnocchi
100g thinly sliced chorizo sausage
1 medium red pepper, cored & chopped finely
1 white onion, chopped finely
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
100g broccoli florets
2 teaspoon lemon pepper
Juice of 1 small lemon
1 to sp balsamic vinegar
1 can of good quality peeled plum tomatoes
Salt to season
1. Firstly preheat oven to 180c, heat a wide sauté pan over a medium heat with 2 tb sp extra virgin olive oil.
2. Add the gnocchi & fry until lightly coloured, remove from pan & allow to dry on a clean cloth.
3. Add 1 to sp extra virgin oil to pan, place back on the heat and immediately add the chorizo, allow to fry until coloured then add garlic, red pepper & allow to cook until softened.
4. Add the lemon pepper, plum tomatoes, balsamic & allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes until the sauce becomes sweet.
5. Add the gnocchi back to the pan, place the broccoli around the pan & place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven, squeeze in the lemon juice, stir & serve immediately.
Chefs Tip: To give this dish a luxurious twist tear over some good quality fresh buffalo mozzarella & scatter over some peppery rocket leaves when serving.