The humble roast Chicken… What’s not to like? When executed perfectly this would be a contender for my ultimate last meal. This past 6 months has been a great experimental & educational time enjoying many middle eastern inspired recipes at home from both famous cooks & my own imagination. I have a new found love of middle eastern inspired food cooked very simply. This is the perfect prepare in advance meal to enjoy with family around the table!
1 whole chicken, back bone removed (ask your butcher to do this)
100g Greek yoghurt
1 small Lime sliced into 4
2 table spoons harissa spice
1 table spoon sea salt
4 garlic cloves, minced
30g coriander chopped finely
3 tb sp honey
1 tb sp lemon juice
2 tb sp extra virgin olive oil
1. Mix the yogurt with the honey, lemon juice, coriander, garlic, salt & harissa spice.
2. Lay the chicken out flat on a heavy duty roasting tray, rub in the olive oil & sprinkle over the salt.
3. Rub the yogurt marinade into the chicken being sure to get in between all the folds.
4. Press the sliced lime into the creases of the chicken & allow to chill for a minimum of 3 hours.
5. Once ready to roast remove the chicken from the fridge for 1 hour, pre-heat the oven to 200c before adding the chicken & Roast for 50 mins- 1 hour until cooked.