A super healthy roast squash recipe to enjoy as part of a meal or as a simple dish in itself. The flavour combination works a treat with the earthy spices, distinct Caraway & the addition of toasted nuts, seeds & dried fruit makes every mouthful as interesting as the last!
1 large butternut squash, cut into quarters & seeds removed.
2 table spoon extra virgin olive oil
1 table spoon za’atar
1 tea spoon Caraway seeds
Salt & pepper to season
For the Yogurt Dressing-
75mls Greek yogurt
2 tb sp finely chopped coriander
1 tb sp lemon juice
1 teaspoon toasted almonds
1 teaspoon toasted pumpkin seed
1 teaspoon goji berries
1 teaspoon jumbo raisins
1. Pre-heat oven to 190c, place the butternut squash on a roasting tray & dress with olive oil, za’atar, caraway seeds & a generous seasoning of salt & pepper.
2. Place in the oven & roast for 25-35 mins until nicely coloured & just cooked when pierced with a knife.
3. In the meantime make the dressing by blending the ingredients, season & set aside.
4. Toast the pumpkin seeds & almonds in a dry pan until there aroma is released, be careful not to scorch as they will taste burnt!
5. Assemble the squash on a serving plate, drizzle over the yogurt dressing & finish with the toasted seeds, nuts & dried fruit.