My version of the popular take-away Salt & Chilli dish, this works greatly with Chicken, Squid, King Prawns, Beef & various other meats & vegetables!
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 2 Chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 3 Cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 Red chilli pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 Teaspoon Chipotle chilli pepper flakes
- 3 Spring onions, sliced thinly
- Half a red bell pepper, chopped roughly
- Half a green bell pepper, chopped roughly
- 1 Medium onion, chopped roughly
- 1 Tb sp white sesame seeds
- 1 Generous pinch of salt
- 2 Tb sp fish sauce
- 2 Tb sp light soy sauce
- Rapeseed oil
- Firstly marinate the chicken by adding the sliced garlic, sesame seeds & chilli, stir until well mixed & place in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Heat a wok over a high heat, add a generous spoonful of oil & once hot add the chicken breast pieces.
- Fry the chicken while tossing occasionally until lightly browned.
- Add the peppers & onions and stir fry until beginning to soften.
- Add the chipotle chilli flakes followed by the Spring onions, soy sauce & fish sauce.
- Allow the sauces to coat the stir fry before tasting & adjusting the seasoning with salt to taste (do not add too quickly as you will easily over season)!
Finally serve with steamed/fried rice, noodles or a crunchy slaw for the perfect no nonsense dinner.